Code of Conduct
Solve It, Australia! is dedicated to providing a safe, harassment-free environment for all participants.
We invite you to help us make this event a place that is welcoming and respectful for all participants, regardless of race, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, national origin, ethnicity, or religion.
We expect all participants to treat others with respect and abide by the following Code of Conduct at all times throughout the event. This online activities and social media before, during and after the event itself.
These behaviours, in any form, will not be tolerated at Solve It, Australia!:
- Harassment (see full definition below)
- Intimidation, deliberate stalking or following
- Use of sexualized language, images, or clothing. This includes presentations, slides, and speaker content.
- Possession and/or use of illegal substances
- Possession of an item that can be used as a weapon causing harm to others
Our definition of harassment includes:
- Unwelcome or hostile behaviour, including verbal or written comments that intimidate, create discomfort, or interfere with a person’s participation in the event
- Unwelcome physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
Consequences of Unacceptable Behaviour
Participants asked to stop unacceptable behaviour are expected to comply immediately. Participants who violate the Code of Conduct may be expelled from the event and related-activities without a refund and/or banned from future events at the discretion of the organisers.
If You Experience or Witness Unacceptable Behaviour
We need your help to keep the Solve It, Australia participants safe, accountable and responsible. If you experience or witness any forms of unacceptable behavior, please bring your concerns to the immediate attention of event staff or email [email protected].
Solve It, Australia! staff will be happy to assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the event.
We’d like to thank Solve It, Australia! participants in advance for your help in keeping the event safe, welcoming and respectful for all.